Tuesday, June 8, 2010

These are a few of my favourite things...

Just a few pics of my favourite things around my home today.

Wall Art...
These are postcards I picked up in Paris on my honeymoon

All my favourite photos in black & white in a shabby frame

A Shabby metal wall hanging with a Chandelier

This artwork was painted by a dear friend, Michael Cain
You can check out his work here

And onto the Powder Room...

A friend gave me the black lace-look tea light holders.
You can just make out my favourite brand of soap, Nesti Dante - Philosophia

This is an old oil burner that's all rusted. I can't even remember where I got it, but I just love it.

Yes, I'm a sucker for things that look even slightly French! Even the soap dispenser.

Now for the Boudoir...
My side table full of trinkets & a French lamp

Everything has a story...
There's Aphrodite, who I picked up in Greece on my honeymoon as well as a little Eiffel Tower keyring from Paris. The vintage watercolour Japanese painting in the background was my Grandmother's. That black & white photo of me was taken by a friend earlier this year during a long rehearsal for Midsummer Night's Dream and I was so tired I fell asleep between rehearsing scenes! He took the photo because he thought I resembled Lord Leighton's "Flaming June"

Just some of my shoes....

My Chanels
They have little detachable ankle warmers (ankle socks?) 
Without the little ankle socks
Oh I just love them! Can you tell? Ha ha ha!

I love these Fleur-de-lis door stoppers. I have them throughout my apartment.
They're from my Auntie's beautiful homeware store, which I haven't told you about yet. I will be visiting her this weekend and will show you plenty of pictures of her store. It's amazing!


The Living Room...
My pretty marble coffee table that I picked up from ebay for $20!!
I have lots of French drink coasters as you can see.

Villa Maison crown cushions (also from my Auntie's store)

The Goddess Guide by Gisele Scanlon - a must read for all you goddesses out there.
I love, love, love this book. Linda gave it to me for my birthday a couple of years ago.

"Gisèle Scanlon has picked out the best bits from her personal diary, address book and fashion contacts to reveal insider information, glamour secrets and a multitude of heavenly recommendations to allow every woman to find her inner goddess - whether it's the earth goddess or the urban."

My Ruby...
She looks a little cranky with me here - oops!

That's better! A slightly more innocent pose.


The view from my apartment...


It's been raining a lot in Sydney this past week & we were lucky to catch a rainbow view over the harbour from our windows this weekend...

All images belong to Looking Glass, please ask permission before using

How was your weekend?
I hope you enjoyed a few pics of my favourite things around the home. It's still very much a work in progress at the moment, so I will endeavour to show more pictures as I slowly change things around & add more favourite items.

~ Clare x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x