Monday, June 21, 2010

Annie Leibovitz - Disney Dream Portrait Series

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
Mine was a little crazy. Friday I had dinner at a favourite Spanish restaurant with friends and saw the play "Pygmalion." Saturday Linda & I both took part in an Alice in Wonderland photo shoot, I had dinner with friends at a fabulous little Japanese restaurant & watched the soccer (Australia vs Ghana). Sunday was a lazy sleep-in & breakfast at a nearby cafe with my hubby & then we spent the afternoon in Ikea! I love Ikea! I get lost in there. We got a new, much-needed desk which I will post pics of later - when I have thrown out all the old stuff that used to be in our study nook & everything looks a little tidier. 

As I am a dreamer & always off with the fairies, today I thought I'd share with you the "Disney Dream Portrait Series" shoot by the amazing Annie Leibovitz. A while ago I blogged about her spectacular Alice in Wonderland Vogue photo shoot (see here). Now check out these....


Alice in Wonderland
Alice: Beyonce
March Hare: Lyle Lovett
Mad Hatter: Oliver Platt

The Little Mermaid
Ariel: Julianne Moore
with Michael Phelps

Peter Pan
Wendy: Gisele Bundchen
Pan: Mikhail Baryshnikov
Tinkerbell: Tina Fey

Snow White
portrayed by Rachel Weisz

Cinderella
portrayed by Scarlett Johannson

Pocahontas
portrayed by Jessica Biel

The Genie
portrayed by Whoopi Goldberg

Aladdin
Jasmine: Jennifer Lopez
Aladdin: Marc Anthony

King Arthur
portrayed by Roger Federer
Pinocchio
Blue Fairy: Julie Andrews
Fira: Abigail Breslin

Sleeping Beauty
Prince Phillip: David Beckham
Images from here and here

Just dreamy, aren't they? I think Julianne Moore as Ariel is my favourite.

"The iron tongue of midnight hath told twelve:
Lovers, to bed; 'tis almost fairy time."
Theseus, A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

~ Clare x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x