Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vogue's Alice in Wonderland by Annie Leibovitz

 You may have guessed by the title of this blog that I have a thing for Lewis Carroll's famous writings "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" & "Through the Looking-Glass"

Some may say nonsense but I say wonderful!

As a child I was always a dreamer and I guess I still am...
I loved the wildness of Alice in Wonderland
& I very much related to being "curiouser & curiouser"
I dressed up as Alice for Book Week in Kindergarten
and my first dance on stage was as the White Rabbit at age 3
(will have to dig out the photos at some stage!)
I came across these amazing images shot for Vogue by the amazing Annie Leibovitz
of model Natalia Vodianova as Alice
This is my favourite photo!
If you could have a special power, what would it be?
Growing & shrinking like Alice?
The Cheshire Cat is my favourite character!
That's Jean Paul Gaultier hiding up in the tree
Who wouldn't want to have a Mad Hatter's Tea party?
And I'll gladly take tea in that Christian Lacroix Haute Couture dress thank you!



I just love flamingos

Into the Looking Glass she goes...
 All photos from Vogue.com and photographed by Annie Leibovitz

Have you seen "Imagine" Annie Leibovitz: Life Through a Lens?
An inspiring documentary of the life & work of one of the world's most iconic photographers.
Definitely a must-see.
To check out some of Leibovitz's work click here

"Alice! a childish story take,
And with a gentle hand
Lay it where Childhood's dreams are twined
In Memory's mystic band,
Like pilgrim's withered wreath of flowers
Plucked in a far-off land."
 All in The Golden Afternoon - Lewis Carroll 

Hopefully you've enjoyed these images as much as me.
Until next time... I'm off to paint the roses red...

~ Clare x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x