Monday, March 24, 2014

Metamorphosis Monday

Photos courtesy of Katie. Please don't share without permission.

I'm declaring today Metamorphosis Monday! I'm just so proud of my bestie, Katiefor her achievements and the amazing journey she's been on since July last year. She truly is an inspiration. Not only has she dropped from a size 14 to a size 8 but she's now fitter, leaner & stronger than she was in high school! I've watched her go from someone who hated exercise & even said herself that she "collected gym memberships" to someone who is so unbelievably active, and has now become a healthy role model. I watched her get up on stage & tell her story to over 2000 people in Brisbane last month where she won a whopping, well-desereved $4000! 

Have you been through a metamorphosis? I'd love to hear of your journey.

I'm so glad to be on this journey with Katie. For me, I didn't have the weight to lose so my results may not seem as physically impressive yet for me the nutritional system we use has seen me go from a zombie some days, after sleepless nights to being full of energy, sleeping soundly every single night, I've stopped grinding my teeth in my sleep, and am seeing definition in my body that I haven't seen since I was 16! I'm so excited to know that I'm giving my baby the best start to life health wise too! Last year I had blood tests done before I went to South America as I knew we would be trying for a baby when we got back. Everything was fairly good except I was vitamin D deficient. Now... my doctor & obstetrician were (pleasantly) shocked by my blood test results. I am in nooooo way vitamin D deficient any longer, in fact my levels were so amazing the obstetrician thought I was taking supplements. My B12 was also amazing and my cholesterol was very low. I've also been lucky to have reached 18 weeks of pregnancy without any morning sickness, or any weight gain whatsoever. Yes, I realise I still have a long way to go but feel like with the right nutrition and exercise I'm giving myself and bub the best chance possible. 

If you want to know more about our journey and the amazing nutritional system we use, feel free to drop me a line any time: curiouslookingglass (at) gmail.com

I'll be posting photos of my baby bump soon! We're headed to beautiful Hawaii next week for a sneaky babymoon - woo!

Clare x

2 comments:

  1. Clare! I must have missed the news that you are pregnant! Oh congratulations!!! I am so thrilled for you. Wow. That will be one beautiful baby.

    And thanks for sharing Katie's story too- she looks amazing and was brave to post her photos. It is very inspiring. Especially as I am overweight - it gives me hope! I would love to hear more about your eating program too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather! We're very excited!

    I will certainly send you some info on our nutritional program.

    C x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x