Monday, May 3, 2010

Wedding Bells...

Oooooh Monday again - grrr! Hopefully everyone had a lovely weekend. I had a lazy one. Caught up on some much-needed sleep.

Since posting all about planning my hubby's 30th birthday, it had me thinking about other major events I've planned and decorated. So I decided to do a little post about my wedding, which (I can't believe it) was actually 3 years ago now....

As a young girl growing up in a sleepy little suburb, 1 hour's drive from Sydney city, I always told my Mum that as soon as I grew up I wanted to move to the city. She simply replied "I don't blame you." As soon as I became engaged (and after a girls backpacking trip through Europe) I moved in with the then-husband-to-be-now-husband to a tiny little shoe-box sized apartment that had stunning harbour views. Naturally we got sick of not having enough room to swing a cat after about a year, so we moved to a larger apartment, still with lovely views, just not quite so spectacular. We now still reside in this apartment and love it!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I knew that my wedding had to be on Sydney Harbour as it represented the dream I had always had as a little girl. So I'd like to share with you a few pics of my day...

Location: The Pontoon
A cruising glass ballroom on Sydney Harbour

Flowers: My favourites ~ Casablanca Lilies
Made by a very close friend's Mother, Sharyn Kelly
The bridesmaids had Lisianthus
I kept the tables very simple and only decorated with flowers.
As much as I love going crazy with table decorations, our venue was fairly extravagant, so we decided to just keep it very simple & let Sharyn do her floristry magic.
For anyone in Sydney in need of an extremely talented florist....
Sharyn Kelly e: sharyn-kelly@hotmail.com
She's the sweetest woman ever! And so talented!

Transport: La Dolce Vita
The name says it all really....
Yep, that's me trying to get out of La Dolce Vita and onto The Pontoon in my wedding dress - scary! I made it by the way - phew!

The Cake: by Sweet Art

I was a little sick of seeing all the same cakes - plain white with flowers on top. I wanted something that had a vintage yet decadent look to it. The team at Sweet Art created this velvety-looking beauty for me. It was actually the best cake I have ever tasted!
If you live and Sydney and have never walked by the Sweet Art store - you have to! They're located on Oxford St, Paddington and every time I walk by, I just have to peek through their window...

A sneaky pic of us girls...

Thanks for stopping by & letting me share my day with you.

~ Clare x

My nieces & nephews

All photos belong to Looking Glass, please ask permission before reproducing in any way.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x