Monday, July 25, 2016

Unique Sustainable Gifts for a Two Year Old

So my little guy is almost 2. Eek! I have no idea how two years have just flown by in the blink of an eye, but at the same time I can barely remember life before he came along and I've certainly grown in so many ways these 2 years.

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for some birthday presents and have been searching for something a little less mass-produced and a little more sustainable, ethical, conscious, and I came across Uncommon Goods. It's an online marketplace connecting artists/crafters/makers and their unique creations with folk that are searching for that something special and uncommon. I love this idea but also really love the fact that Uncommon Goods is all about sustainability and minimising their environmental impact. They actually work with their artists to use sustainable or recycled materials where they can, including more environmentally friendly packaging, they print their catalogue on Forest Stewardship Council certified and recycled paper, and they donate $1 from every order to non-profit organisations through "Better to Give."  You can read more about their mission here

Here are a few of my top picks for Mr Two's upcoming birthday...


These come in Spanish or Mandarin. Master 2 can already count in Spanish but I'd love him to learn more words. He doesn't get to see his Abuela enough unfortunately. 


Did somebody say "rodot?" We're "rodot"obsessed in our house. These blocks are made with sustainably harvested wood. 


12 classics and comes with your little one's name embossed in gold foil on the front!

You can find more cool gifts for kids here or if you're looking for bubs aged 0-2 years like me, you'll find baby gifts here

I found a bunch of things for my own wishlist too. (Hint hint hubby, hope you're reading!) A mini loom weaving kit, because I've always wanted to learn how to create my own cool wall hanging,  a Kombucha home brew kit, and a chai tea kit. Ok, so I seem to be obsessed with their craft kits section haha! Who doesn't love a good kit? There are so many craft kits to choose from too, from whiskey infusion kits  and coffee liqueur making kits to printable party kits with themes like Shakespearean Soiree, Computer Geek, and Slam Baseball. You'll find their range of craft kits here

I'd love to know if you've found any beautiful, unique, sustainable gifts for your bubs. Share away.

~

Note: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x