Monday, March 5, 2012

Season of Mists & Mellow Fruitfulness


That time of year thou mayst in me behold When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hangUpon those boughs which shake against the cold, Bare ruin'd choirs, where late the sweet birds sang. In me thou seest the twilight of such day As after sunset fadeth in the west, Which by and by black night doth take away,Death's second self, that seals up all in rest. In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire That on the ashes of his youth doth lie, As the death-bed whereon it must expire Consumed with that which it was nourish'd by.    This thou perceivest, which makes thy love more strong,
   To love that well which thou must leave ere long.
~ Sonnet 73 by William Shakespeare, 1609

For many of you Winter is at it's end and you are looking forward to a blossoming Spring. For us down under 'tis the season of mists & mellow fruitfulness. Oh how I love that poem by John Keats. As much as I adore summer, I am definitely welcoming Autumn's beauty and the delights that come along with it... curling up on the lounge with a good book or a movie, watching the leaves fade to a rusty orange... I also have a dear friend's wedding this Autumn to look forward to! What are you looking forward to this season?

~ Clare x


8 comments:

  1. It's true. Spring is on its way around here. I'm looking forward to the soft afternoon light in my garden. However, Autumn is really my favorite season... so Thank You for the Keats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful poem, and a perfect post! It's always fall-like in San Francisco, and it's one of the things I love most about this place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blog. You really have an eye for picking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful images... so looking forward to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a lover of autumn, the weather so perfect the colors so beautiful. I am looking forward to winter coming to an end and the coming of spring..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that mirror! it's so overly ornate and I love every bit of it.
    I can't wait until spring and I can begin gardening and wearing summer dresses and just be in the sun!!
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Autumn is by far my favorite season but it goes by way too fast here!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x