Friday, December 17, 2010

Uncle Vanya

Image from here

Wednesday night I had the pleasure of seeing Sydney Theatre Company's production of Chekhov's "Uncle Vanya" starring Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving, Richard Roxburgh & John Bell.

This production, directed by Tamas Ascher & adapted by Andrew Upton, was just superb in every way. Each character seems to have such a tragic tale to tell, yet I found myself constantly laughing as their tales unfolded. A mixture of brilliant writing, adapting, directing and of course acting.

The cast really were outstanding. I was so amazed at this chance to see so many brilliant actors in one production! Cate is one of those actors who never seems to put a foot wrong and you find it so hard to take your eyes off her. Hugo Weaving & Richard Roxburgh were amazing, they had me laughing constantly. They both had me mesmerised by their little idiosynchrasies layered into their performances. Jacki Weaver was just gorgeous as Old Nanny, I just loved her.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend. Mine is full of Christmas and Birthday parties!

~ Clare x

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very enjoyable production! Enjoy the weekend ahead, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x