Monday, March 31, 2014

In My Beauty Cabinet - Natural, Non-Toxic Products I Love


These are a few of my favourite things!

You may have noticed that I have recently radically changed my health habits and my hubby & I have been eating as clean as possible - we're not perfect though! However, being pregnant has got me thinking more and more about the toxins we place on our skin / bodies and also the toxic products we are using around the house. So here is a peek into my beauty cabinet at the moment. What products I'm personally loving. I have a huge list of other things to try out as well so I'm sure there'll be a follow up to this post in the coming months. 

1. Jane Iredale Glowtime Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream
I've been using Jane Iredale mineral products for quite a few years now as I've always had ridiculously sensitive skin & their varied mineral range works well for me. I only recently got onto their BB cream and won't ever look back. It seriously smooths out any blemishes and makes your skin look radiant like a glowing goddess.

2.  Pure Fiji Hydrating Body Lotion
Every time I slather my body with this lotion it takes me immediately back to Fiji. All the fragrances are delightful but my absolute favourite is the coconut. Smells divine & makes me feel like it's always summertime. All natural, locally sourced ingredients too.

3. Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener
When I mentioned skin radiance above with the BB Cream, this primer will give you serious glowing skin! It also helps my makeup stay on longer & smooths out any unevenness. This with the BB cream are practically all I need. I barely need concealer!

4. Gernetic Skincare
I have been using Gernetic for around 10 years now and swear by it. I have terribly sensitive skin and at the age of 20 started getting rashes on my chin which only got worse with pretty much every product I tried. My sister who is a salon owner, got me onto Gernetic and I have never looked back. I won't lie, these products are not just topical, so there was a definite elimination process that I personally went through for about 2 weeks as my body was ridding itself of impurities but after that my skin has been practically perfect and I've never ever had a rash on my face ever since and that was 10 years ago! I won't touch any other skin care. I personally use Glyco for cleansing, Fibro for toning, and Synchro for moisturising. (Just a note: my sister has never come across anyone who had as long an elimination process as me by the way. I obviously had some serious issues my body had to sort out)

5. Grown Alchemist Hand Wash & Hand Cream
I came across these products in a hotel bathroom and was obsessed by the scent of the hand cream. Tracked them down and continue to keep these babies in my bathroom. The hand wash in sweet orange, cedarwood, & sage is so gentle and smells delicious. The hand cream in vanilla & orange peel complements the hand wash perfectly and not only smells good enough to eat but I find it soaks in quite quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue like some hand creams can. What's better is that Grown Alchemist are all organic!

Do you have any natural or organic products you swear by? I love suggestions as I'm always looking for new and exciting ranges to try, especially local. I'm currently looking for the perfect shampoo & conditioner for my very long, wavy tresses. I have a super sensitive scalp and have yet to find what works best. 

Clare x



2 comments:

  1. You're pregnant! How awesome! A million congratulations; I'm so very happy for you. One of my favorite natural skin products, believe it or not, is just plain organic coconut oil. It's reported to have anti-inflammatory properties & is wonderful during dry weather. I even add it to the bath.

    Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy,
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Keri! I couldn't agree more about the coconut oil. I use it for so much myself! xx

      Delete

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x