Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Spit Bridge to Manly Scenic Walkway











As I'm leaving for Chile & Peru next week I have been going on some hikes around Sydney to not only keep up my fitness but also to wear in my hiking boots before I trek the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Joining my husband and I on some of these trips were Katie & her hubby, Ben.

You can see our recent Blue Mountains hike here where we saw some stunning waterfalls, cliffs, mountains and Aussie bushlands. This time we headed to Sydney's Northern beaches and hiked the Spit Bridge to Manly Scenic Walkway where we encountered bushland, sandy beaches, picturesque views of Middle Harbour and (my hubby wanted me to mention) a public toilet that played jazz music and talked to you...

I think Mr Looking Glass' photos above capture the beauty of this part of Sydney perfectly. We have such marvellous beaches and a superb harbour. I've lived here my whole life and I never tire of the harbour views.

Next up I'll share with you a different view of our city as we cruised the harbour for the Vivid Sydney festival of lights!!

Clare x


4 comments:

  1. Peru!! I want to go there someday! Your adventures sound amazing. Have a completely wonderful time. I'll be looking forward to all the pics!!

    Xo,
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenn!!!! Those photos are freaky deaky awesome!!! Love the post, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kato! Passed your kind words on to Glenn ;-)

      C x

      Delete

Thanks for sharing on Soulful Mama ~ Clare x